Vanguard Strings is a D/FW based string ensemble that is composed of members James Song (violin), Claudia Orsi-Jones (violin), Monika Nierychlo-Fryklund (viola), Dan Totan (cello) and Randy Inman (string bass). The members of Vanguard are all comprised of professional musicians all with careers in orchestra that span over a decade. They all have extensive experience as both solo musicians and as chamber musicians and have performance experiences ranging from rock concerts to musicals
The musicians play as a string quintet and can partner with vocalists, flautists, and harpists for a variety of different musical experiences. If you are in need of something special or specific please reach out as we can accommodate many different venues and spaces.
The word "Vanguard" is defined as a group of people leading the way in new developments or ideas and we hope to do that with our classical oriented group. The ensemble plays music from a variety of styles and genres with innovative fusion between them.
- Weddings where pop music is combined with traditional classics like Canon in D and the Wedding March.
- Corporate events playing themed music from a variety of genres such as bluegrass, Celtic, classic rock, top 40.
- String duos using electric violins and cellos playing a melody of pop songs currently on the radio at a local wine bar
- Opening performers in a multi-day classic rock festival playing electric instruments and performing with a rock drummer and singer.
- Traditional classical ensemble playing Mozart quartets for a retirement home.
Vanguard Strings is managed by the talent booking agency Erin Shore Productions LLC. Please contact email@example.com to get more information.